Worries and Concerns

We want you to feel safe at school and share any complaints or concerns.


If you have a complaint or concern you can tell any of the adults in school.

  • We will listen to you and take what you are saying seriously.
  • We will act promptly on what is said to us.
  • We will work with you to make things better.

Who and how

  • You can tell any of the adults in school if you have a complaint or concern.
  • You can tell your teacher, your therapist, an assistant, a midday supervisor or office staff.
  • You can decide how you tell the adult.
  • You can talk to an adult.
  • You can write a note and give it to the adult.
  • You can draw a picture or use pictures/symbols.
  • Your parents can tell an adult in school for you.
  • The adults in the school can help you to expresses your concerns or complaints if you are not sure how to do it.


If you are concerned about something it is best to tell an adult when you are ready and as soon as possible.

You can tell an adult anything and at any time.

Staying Safe

Anything that you tell an adult is ok. You will not get into trouble.

We cannot keep secrets. Sometimes we will need to share what you say with other adults who can help.

We may have to tell you parent(s) too.


We will tell you what we have done to try and make things better for you.

If you are still worried about something then you can tell us again.

If you think that your concern or complaint has not been dealt with well enough, you can tell the school governors.

The staff in the school office will tell you have to contact the governors.

Support out of school

You can talk to family and friends that you trust.

You can talk to other people who may work with you out of school. You can contact charities e.g. Childline on 0800 1111 or https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/contacting-childline/ and the NSPCC on 0800 136 663 or via email help@nspcc.org.uk

Students’ Complaints and Concerns Procedure